Assistant Specialty Department Manger
Summit Veterinary Referral Center is the largest Emergency and Specialty Center in the South Puget Sound. With specialists in Anesthesia, Cardiology, Emergency/Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Nutrition, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Surgery, and Radiology, we work as a team to provide the best patient and client care. We are looking for collaborative and compassionate people to join our growing team.
We are looking for an individual to join our team as our Assistant Specialty Department Manager to ensure we have adequate support for our rapidly growing emergency team. The position reports to our Senior Department Manager.
• Work closely with the current Senior Department Manager (SDM)
• Support the supervision of our specialty departments which consists of Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Neurology, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Nutrition, Radiology and Surgery.
• Support with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring for our Specialty Departments
• Support the training and development of the Specialty Department Staff
• Work closely with the Medical Director and SDM to create and source appropriate continuing education for the Specialty Department Staff
• Assist with the scheduling of the Specialty Department Staff
• Lead by example
• Receive and investigate patient care complaints in conjunction with the Client Services Manager, recommend solutions to the Chief Operating Officer, and respond as needed
• Model exceptional service for patients
• Assist the Inventory Manager in the maintenance of technical/medical inventory
• Ensure that the patient services comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and policies, according to federal and state law
• Communicate with the inventory manager regarding maintenance of equipment as needed
• Meet budgetary goals for each department
• Attend all management meetings
• Develop and implement ways to integrate different areas of staff
To perform this job successfully, the right candidate should have good
knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as word processing and spreadsheet software. It will also be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (Instinct), and to perform clerical work with speed and accuracy. Proficient in google platform as well.
Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, exhibit leadership
and organizational confidence, and the ability to present material to large and small groups. Maintain a harmonious, constructive, and respectful relationship with those contacted in the course of work of all skill levels.
Successful completion of high school or GED; preferably some college
Three (3) years in people management
At least One (1) year in veterinary medicine preferred but not required.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and presentation skills.
• Solid working knowledge of budgeting, sales, business development, and strategic planning.
• Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
Personal characteristics, skills, and abilities:
• Ability to lead, plan and manage change
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong time management skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• The ability to set priorities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Effective interpersonal communications skills are essential
• Understand applicable regional regulatory requirements
• Ability to anticipate unique service opportunities
• Ability to build consensus and engage team members at all levels
• Able to effectively handle stressful situations
• Ability to exude confidence and leadership to successfully build and lead a team and maintain a positive work environment
• Able to be active, sitting, walking, standing, and climbing stairs
• Able to work in low to moderate noise, including animal noises
• Able to work well under pressure and at high levels of stress
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds and work on feet
• Exposures to supplies commonly used in a hospital setting such as anesthetic gases and x-ray irradiation within appropriate OSHA standards
• Risk of injury from animals
• Be flexible with work hours
Compensation: $65,000-$80,000 annually DOE
and scroll to the bottom of the page to see our full benefits package
Apply today or email your resume directly to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!
**Ask about our RELOCATION ASSISTANCE**
Summit Veterinary Referral Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer