Summit Veterinary Referral Center is the largest Emergency and Specialty Center in the South Puget Sound. With specialists in Anesthesia, Cardiology, Emergency/Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Nutrition, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Surgery and Radiology, we work as a team to provide the best patient and client care. We are looking for collaborative and compassionate people to join our growing team.
This position helps improve time management and communication of the hospital with specific emphasis on the effectiveness of the COO, Medical Director and Hospital Manager team (“CMH Team”).
The administrative coordinator serves as the primary administrative hospital support for the CMH Team. Primary roles include coordinating scheduling, meetings, and special projects while also overseeing minutes, documentation, and data tracking across various subjects.
Working under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the Administrative Coordinator must be able to effectively and proactively manage, or perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
Responsibilities – Schedule Management and Organization
Maintains schedule, meetings and appointments as necessary and keeps CMH Team on schedule to meet all planned activities.
Assists in organizing meetings, prepares agendas and other materials in advance.
Plans, sets up for, and ensures meeting venues are prepared in advance when required.
Attends meetings and takes accurate notes when required.
Sends out summaries and meeting recaps to all parties in timely manner.
Manages CMH Team files as needed.
Works with HM to track DVM schedules.
Responsibilities – Data Management
Works with COO to develop and track important data leading to trends and benchmarks for hospital management.
Maintains records and data sheets as required to keep them current.
Prepares weekly performance report as required for COO and management meetings.
Responsibilities – Client Services/Accounts Receivable
Works with Business and Hospital Managers to ensure that statements, invoices and collections are current.
Gets involved to assist with complex and complicated Client Resolutions.
Responsibilities – Hospital Communication
Works with CMH Team to prepare Hospital Updates on a regular basis.
Maintains all Hospital communication boards and updates them as needed.
Maintains Organizational Calendar to ensure all departmental and team meetings and events are scheduled and held regularly.
Responsibilities – Special Projects
Enthusiastically leads special projects on behalf of the CMH Team.
Independently seeks out solutions and answers when outcomes are not clear.
Helps monitor, track and report on deliverables for Hospital initiatives. Solves problems and helps to clear roadblocks when they occur.
Special projects vary and may involve Operations, Finance and Accounts, Human Resources, Medicine, Client Services, Facilities, Administrative, and other departmental groups.
Strong command of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Strong command of Via
Able to develop graphs, charts and tables of data independently with the ability to help track and monitor hospital performance at different levels.
Familiar with scheduling and maintaining calendars.
Communication Skills: Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Maintain a
harmonious, constructive and respectful relationship with those contacted in the course of work of all skill levels.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Business-related education a plus.
Experience: Five (5) years in the veterinary field or three (3) years in veterinary specialty practice. Management or Supervisor experience a plus.
Personal characteristics, skills and abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Solid working knowledge of business development, and strategic planning desired, keen interest in learning required.
• Ability to generate respect and trust from others.
• Manages confidential information with utmost care.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong time management skills.
• Able to carry oneself with enthusiasm and maintain a positive demeanor at all times.
• Self driven
• Ability to set priorities
• Is a team player and willing to help out as required, even with items that may not fall under core responsibilities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Able to effectively handle stressful situations
• Ability to maintain professional appearance at all times with meetings involving various stakeholders across the organization.
• Able to be active, sitting, walking, standing, climbing stairs
• Able to work in low to moderate noise, including animal noises
• Able to work well under pressure and at high levels of stress
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds and work on feet
• Exposures to supplies commonly used in a hospital setting such as anesthetic gases and x-ray
irradiation within appropriate OSHA standards
• Risk of injury from animals
• Must have flexibility with work hours. Typical week M-F 8-5. Will involve earlier mornings or later evenings to facilitate meetings, events and other requirements. Occasional weekends may be required.
Hourly pay range- $22-28 depending on experience
Apply today or email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Summit Veterinary Referral Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer